Join our journey. Share our vision. Secure your future working for one of the most committed Agricultural Machinery Dealers in the UK.
Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out day to day activities required within our busy parts department. Delivering outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers. You will be required to identify required parts, pick parts from stock and place orders with suppliers to meet customer expectations.
- Identify and supply parts for customers via phone calls, emails and face to face.
- Work with in-house service engineers to supply required parts.
- Place orders with suppliers using IT based systems.
- Receive in parts to ensure correct quantity and quality and process to relevant location.
- Maintain good housekeeping, keeping areas clean and clear and stocking showroom.
- Follow up on shortages and keep customers updated.
- Carry out marketing plans and follow up on quotes to customers.
- Assist with stock taking.
The ideal Agricultural Parts Assistant will have
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public and business customers.
- Capable of working as part of a team and also working alone using own initiative.
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods.
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use as you will be required to use online parts systems.
- Good communication skills: face-to-face, letter, email and fax.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of payments.
- 8.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday (with 1 hour lunch)
- 8.00 – noon every Saturday
- Plus working to meet seasonal demands, this may include additional hours through busy periods and dealing with out of hours calls to supply urgent items to internal and external customers. These additional hours will be paid at overtime rates.
- Worked in an agricultural dealership in parts, sales or service roles.
- Worked in parts roles within similar industries; construction, industrial, automotive.
- Mechanical / Engineering experience to identify parts within powertrain, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Understanding of parts department operating principles.
- Interest in Agriculture and Farming
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Insurance (3 x Basic Salary)
- Workplace pension (5% employer contribution)
- Staff discount
- On Site Parking
Please apply by sending your full CV to: Amy Holmes e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or post to G & J Peck Ltd, 90 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3NX