Retail Shop & Groundcare Assistant – Full Time
Join our journey. Share our vision. Secure your future working for one of the most committed Agricultural Machinery Dealers in the UK.
Within the Ely complex there is a large modern retail store offering a wide range of goods and services including a Garden Machinery and Horticultural Equipment Centre, supplying and servicing a wide range of both domestic and professional equipment. The Showroom offers a quality range of top brands of lawncare, garden machinery and horticultural equipment as well as country clothing, footwear, tools and DIY accessories, to name just a few. Pecks continues to run a steel store as a nod to our roots reaching back for 178 years. The store is open 6 days a week.
Reporting to the Showroom & Groundcare Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out day to day activities required within our busy modern showroom whilst maintaining a timely and effective customer focused service.
You will be required to support both Showroom and Groundcare departments.
- Stock control and showroom replenishment of stock onto shelves / displays.
- Operating the till and serving customers (processing cash and card payments accurately including cashing up)
- Identify and supply parts and machinery for customers via phone calls, emails and face to face.
- Place orders with suppliers using IT based systems.
- Receive in goods to ensure correct quantity and quality and process to relevant location.
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Keep track and follow up on customer quotes and orders, keeping customers informed and updated.
- Assist with stock taking.
The ideal Retail Shop & Groundcare Assistant will have experience of working within a retail role:
- Excellent people and communication skills and enjoy working with the general public and business customers.
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods.
- Good computer skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments.
- Able to use own initiative working alone as well as part of a team.
42.5 hours per week
8.00 am – 17.30 pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch and one Saturday in three
(8am – 5pm with half an hour for lunch)
- 22 days holiday, rising to 24 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension (5% employer contribution)
- Life Insurance (3 x Basic Salary)
- Staff discount
- On Site Parking
Please apply by sending your full CV to: Amy Holmes e-mail email@example.com or post to G & J Peck Ltd, 90 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3NX