Want to make more of your career?
Do you have the energy, skills, passion and enthusiasm and want to make the very best use of them?
Then we’d like to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who are friendly and approachable, have an engaging personality and a passion for the work they do.
G & J Peck Ltd is a successful multi-site agricultural machinery business. Established in 1846 and now employing over 130 people. We’re market leaders in agricultural products and service, holding multiple franchises including New Holland, JCB and Case IH along with many other brands.
We’re looking to the future, expanding our horizons and are currently building on our established team, to meet the needs of our long standing customers in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Join our journey. Share our vision. Secure your future working for one of the most committed Agricultural Machinery Dealers in the UK.
Working as part of a team, you will support the Depot Parts Manager to ensure the efficient operation of the Parts Department. Your primary focus will be delivering exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. With no two days being the same, you will be required to identify required parts, pick parts from stock and place orders with suppliers to meet customer expectations. Process incoming stock and carry out stock taking along with other duties required in the department.
Knowledge or previous experience in a parts department or mechanical role is preferred but not necessarily required. Training will be provided, ensuring our employees are confident and supported within the team, whilst allowing you to strive to be the best at what you do, instrumental in providing the best possible support through your knowledge of our market leading agricultural franchises
The ideal Agricultural Parts Assistant will have
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public and business customers via face-to-face, email and phone.
- Capable of working as part of a team and also working alone using own initiative.
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere, able to cope under pressure during busy periods.
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use as you will be required to use online parts systems.
- Good housekeeping, keeping areas clean and clear.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of payments.
- Worked in an agricultural dealership in parts, sales or service roles.
- Worked in parts roles within similar industries; construction, industrial, automotive.
- Mechanical / Engineering experience to identify parts within powertrain, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Understanding of parts department operating principles.
- Interest in Agriculture and Farming.
Whether you’re an experienced Parts Advisor or someone looking to build a career in the industry, we’d love to hear from you!
Based on a 44-hour week to cover the core hours of 7.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday and 7.30am to 12.00pm Saturday, Overtime paid above 44 hours. There is also a requirement to work extended hours during peak seasonal periods.
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Insurance (3 x Basic Salary)
- Workplace pension (5% employer contribution)
- Staff discount
- On Site Parking
Please apply by sending your full CV to: Amy Holmes e-mail email@example.com or post to G & J Peck Ltd, 90 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3NX