Want to make more of your career?
Do you have the energy, skills, passion and enthusiasm and want to make the very best use of them?
Then we’d like to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who are friendly and approachable, have an engaging personality and a passion for the work they do.
G & J Peck Ltd is a successful multi-site agricultural machinery business. Established in 1846 and now employing over 130 people. We’re market leaders in agricultural products and service, holding multiple franchises including New Holland, JCB and Case IH along with many other brands.
We’re looking to the future, expanding our horizons and are currently building on our established team, to meet the needs of our long standing customers in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Join our journey. Share our vision. Secure your future working for one of the most committed Agricultural Machinery Dealers in the UK
The successful applicant would be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Service department at our Ramsey Depot.
As an Agricultural Service Manager you will be responsible for the organising of a team of skilled technicians on a range of Agriculture machinery such as Telehandlers, Tractors, Harvesters and other agricultural machinery, working with other internal departments in order to ensure that high levels of customer satisfaction are upheld. You will be responsible for managing and organising out of hours call outs when required. You will have other active depot-based management duties.
You will liaise between customers and technicians to ensure jobs are completed to time frames, understanding and managing customers’ expectations whilst delivering excellent customer service. You will have an active role in checking and processing information from engineers to process repairs to payment via warranty systems and external invoicing.
The Candidate: The successful candidate for the Agricultural Service Manager role will ideally come from a Technician / Engineering background, but more importantly it is essential you have a good knowledge and understanding of the agriculture industry and equipment. You must have excellent organisational and time management skills, have great written and spoken communication skills and also the ability to lead a team of Engineers. Candidates must live within commutable distance to Ramsey St Mary’s.
Key Experience/Characteristics preferred for the Agricultural Service Manager role:
– Must have knowledge and understanding of agriculture, construction or plant hire industry and associated equipment.
– Ability to understand needs and pressures of farmers and agricultural industry is essential.
– Ideally have a background as Technician or Engineer on agriculture, construction or plant machinery.
– Must be great communicator who can lead a team.
– Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure is essential.
- Working hours are to suit the department opening hours and seasonal demands.
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company vehicle
- Company mobile phone
- Workplace pension (5% employer contribution)
- Life Insurance (3 x Basic Salary)
- Staff discount
- On Site Parking