This position would suit an experienced engineer who wishes to be involved in market leading equipment and willing to work as part of a committed service team.
The Role: To prepare, service, diagnose, repair and maintain a range of agricultural machinery sold by the company, also performing other duties requested by management. Working at the depot or at a customer’s site. Undertake manufacturer’s training courses on-line and off-site. Work to main dealer working principals following correct procedures to achieve quality and efficiency. To deliver industry leading support to our customers. You may be required to respond to out-of-hours call outs and work overtime.
Experience within the agricultural industry would be an advantage but not essential as training is provided. Truck and commercial service engineering experience is transferable.
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery or transferable skills
- Ability to diagnose technical hydraulic and electrical faults
- Use IT system to diagnose faults and file reports to manufacturers
- Complete job cards to high level of detail and accuracy
- Able to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Can do attitude to resolve issues
- Follow the company’s health and safety policy and procedures always
- Full driver’s licence, B + E category would be an advantage.
- Confident communication skills to internal and external contacts
39 hours per week Monday to Friday plus overtime to meet seasonal demands and out of hours calls.
Saturday morning working will be required paid at overtime rate.
- Company computer
- Company mobile phone
- Workplace pension
- Staff discount