Want to make more of your career?
Do you have the energy, skills, passion and enthusiasm and want to make the very best use of them?
Then we’d like to hear from you.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for dynamic individuals who are friendly and approachable, have an engaging personality and a passion for the work they do.
G & J Peck Ltd is a successful multi-site agricultural machinery business. Established in 1846 and now employing over 130 people. We’re market leaders in agricultural products and service, holding multiple franchises including New Holland, JCB and Case IH along with many other brands.
We’re looking to the future, expanding our horizons and are currently building on our established team, to meet the needs of our long standing customers in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Join our journey. Share our vision. Aspire to work for one of the world’s leading agricultural companies.
This position would suit an experienced engineer who wishes to be involved in market leading equipment and willing to work as part of a committed service team.
To prepare, service, diagnose, repair and maintain a range of agricultural machinery sold by the company, also performing other duties requested by management. Working at the depot or at a customer’s site. Undertake manufacturer’s training courses on-line and off-site. Work to main dealer working principals following correct procedures to achieve quality and efficiency. To deliver industry leading support to our customers. You may be required to respond to out-of-hours call outs and work overtime.
Experience within the agricultural industry would be an advantage but not essential as training is provided. Truck and commercial service engineering experience is transferable.
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery or transferable skills
- Ability to diagnose technical hydraulic and electrical faults
- Use IT system to diagnose faults and file reports to manufacturers
- Complete job cards to high level of detail and accuracy
- Able to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Can do attitude to resolve issues
- Follow the company’s health and safety policy and procedures always
- Full driver’s licence
- Confident communication skills to internal and external contacts
39 hours per week Monday to Friday plus overtime to meet seasonal demands and out of hours calls.
Saturday morning working will be required paid at overtime rate.
- Company computer
- Company mobile phone
- Company van
- Workplace pension (5% employer contribution)
- Life Insurance (3 x Basic Pay)
- Staff discount
- Onsite parking
Please apply by sending your full CV to: Amy Holmes e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or post to G & J Peck Ltd, 90 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3NX