or post to G & J Peck Ltd, 90 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3NX
Service Engineer, Ramsey Depot - New Holland
This position would suit an experienced engineer who wishes to be involved in market leading equipment and willing to work as part of a committed service team.
The Role: To prepare, service, diagnose, repair and maintain a range of agricultural machinery sold by the company, also performing other duties requested by management. Working at the depot or at a customer’s site. Undertake manufacturer’s training courses on-line and off-site. Work to main dealer working principals following correct procedures to achieve quality and efficiency. To deliver industry leading support to our customers. You may be required to respond to out-of-hours call outs and work overtime.
Experience within the agricultural industry would be an advantage but not essential as training is provided. Truck and commercial service engineering experience is transferable.
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery or transferable skills
- Ability to diagnose technical hydraulic and electrical faults
- Use IT system to diagnose faults and file reports to manufacturers
- Complete job cards to high level of detail and accuracy
- Able to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Can do attitude to resolve issues
- Follow the company’s health and safety policy and procedures always
- Full driver’s licence, B + E category would be an advantage.
- Confident communication skills to internal and external contacts
39 hours per week Monday to Friday plus overtime to meet seasonal demands and out of hours calls.
Saturday morning working will be required paid at overtime rate.
- Company computer
- Company mobile phone
- Workplace pension
- Staff discount
New Holland Area Sales Manager, Ramsey Depot
G & J Peck Ltd are looking for a new member to join the busy Agricultural Machinery Sales department at the Ramsey depot. This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire a position within a successful family-owned business with competitive rates of pay and benefits package.
Based from our busy Ramsey depot covering Cambridgeshire, the successful candidate will have knowledge of modern agricultural machinery, technologies and farming practices as this is an essential requirement for the role.
The ideal candidate will be able to work using their own initiative and as part of a successful team, have an enthusiastic attitude, excellent organisational and negotiating skills. They must be confident and be able to communicate at all levels.
On-going product training will be provided to keep skills and knowledge up to date on all franchises under the dealership.
- Represent the dealership in the sale of machinery to new and existing customers in a defined area for the New Holland products
- Manage the profitably of the sales in the area ensuring an adequate return is made on sales and annual targets are met
- Maintain product knowledge on features and benefits of all products potentially saleable by the dealership
- Organise promotional events for the dealership
- Conduct demonstrations
- Execute good after sales support
- Build strong relationships within the dealership area
- Excellent general agricultural and farming knowledge of operational practices and equipment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Driven and positive
- Able to manage multiple task
- A good understanding of the area would help to build on relationships with new and existing customers but not essential
- Full driving license essential (B+E License preferable)
- Proven experience as a salesperson, representative or relevant role
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery
Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding of sales, costings, and margins etc.
- Competent in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Training on computer systems and products will be provided
- Experience of selling and negotiating prices with customers in the farming and contracting industry
- 40-hour week,
Monday – Friday, 8.00 am – 5.00 pm, plus additional hours and weekend work as required during seasonal demands
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Employee discounts
- Company vehicle and mobile phone
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience
Agricultural Service Coordinator, Ely Depot
The successful applicant would assist in the efficient running of the service department Ely, reporting to the Service Manager.
The Role: As Agricultural Service Coordinator you will be responsible for the organising the daily activities of a team of technicians on a range of Agriculture machinery such as Telehandlers, Tractors, Harvesters and other agricultural machinery, working with other internal departments in order to ensure that high levels of customer satisfaction are upheld. You will be responsible for managing and organising out of hours callout when required.
As well as leading the team of Engineers, you will liaise between customers and technicians to ensure jobs are completed to time frames. A large part of this role will be understanding and managing customer's expectations whilst delivering excellent customer service. You will work closely with the Service Manager.
The Candidate: The successful candidate for the Agricultural Service Controller role will ideally come from a Technician/Engineering/Warranty background, but more importantly it is essential you have a good knowledge and understanding of the agriculture industry and equipment. You must have excellent organisational and time management skills, have great written and spoken communication skills and also the ability to lead a team of Engineers. Candidates must live within commutable distance to Ely.
Key Experience / Characteristics preferred for the role:
- Have knowledge and understanding of agriculture, construction or plant hire industry and associated equipment.
- Ability to understand needs and pressures of farmers and agricultural industry essential.
- Ideally have a background as Technician or Engineer on agriculture, construction or plant machinery.
- Must be great communicator who can lead a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure essential.
- Hours: 8:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday (with additional hours to suit the running of the department including Saturdays and seasonal demands) Salary based with addition hours required to meet seasonal demands
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview
- 20 days pro-rata annual leave
- Workplace pension
- Staff discount
Further details on the JCB scheme can be found here.