Dereham Depot - Ref ASPAD
The successful applicant must be customer focused and willing to learn new skills, an interest in Agriculture and Farming would be a benefit. You would be working as part of a team providing unrivalled levels of aftersales support.
The Role: - Reporting to the Parts Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day running of the Parts Department. Your role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times by dealing with all queries relating to the products and services supplied by the Company, face to face, via email and over the telephone. The commitment to carry out overtime to suit the company’s workload during seasonal demands with the availability to attend call outs.
- Excellent people skills and enjoy working with the general public
- Ability to upsell
- Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere and can cope under pressure during busy periods
- Good communication skills: face-to-face, letter, email and fax
- General computer skills and familiarity with email and internet use
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Proficient IT user – you will be required to use online parts systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy with numbers, handling of cash, cheque and card payments
- Familiarity with agricultural / horticultural machinery would be advantageous
- A team player – capable of working alone and as part of a team
- Able to use own initiative
- Smart and presentable appearance
- Hours: 8:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday and 8:00-12:00 Saturday
- with addition hours required to meet seasonal demands
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview
- 20 days annual leave
- Workplace pension
- Staff discounts
Qualified Service Engineer
This position would suit an experienced Engineer who wishes to be involved in Market Leading equipment and willing to work as part of a committed service team.
The Role: - Reporting directly to the Service Manager, your role will be to prepare, repair and maintain a range of Agricultural machinery sold by the company dependant on depot franchises, also performing other duties requested by management. Working at the depot or at a customer’s site. Undertake manufacturer’s training courses on-line and off-site. Work to main dealer working principals following correct procedures to achieve quality and efficiency. To deliver industry leading support to our customers. You may be required to respond to out-of-hours call outs and work overtime.
Experience within the agricultural industry would be an advantage
Knowledge of agricultural machinery or transferable skills
Ability to diagnose technical hydraulic and electrical faults
Use IT system to diagnose faults and file reports to manufacturers
Complete job cards to high level of detail and accuracy
Able to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
Can do attitude to resolve issues
Follow the company’s health and safety policy and procedures always
Full driver’s licence, B + E category would be an advantage.
Confident Communication skills to internal and external contacts
If you wish to have a secure future working for one of the most committed Agricultural Machine Dealers in the UK, please apply by sending your full CV to: