Join our journey. Share our vision. Secure your future working for one of the most committed Agricultural Machinery Dealers in the UK.
We are looking for a Horticultural Service Engineer to join the team at our Ely depot.
This position would suit an experienced engineer who wishes to be involved in market leading equipment and willing to work as part of a committed service team.
About the Horticultural Service Engineer role
As a Service Engineer, you will prepare, service, diagnose, repair and maintain a range of horticultural machinery, both professional and domestic, sold by the company. Also performing other duties requested by management. Working at the depot or at a customer’s site. Undertake manufacturer’s training courses on-line and off-site. Work to main dealer working principals following correct procedures to achieve quality and efficiency. To deliver industry leading support to our customers. You may be required to work overtime.
Ideal Experience and Skills
Experience within the horticultural industry would be an advantage but not essential as training is provided.
- Knowledge of utility and/or garden machinery or small agricultural machinery
- Ability to diagnose technical hydraulic and electrical faults
- Use IT system to diagnose faults and file reports to manufacturers
- Complete job cards to high level of detail and accuracy
- Able to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Can do attitude to resolve issues
- Follow the company’s health and safety policy and procedures always
- Full driver’s licence
- Confident communication skills to internal and external contacts
39 hours per week Monday to Friday (plus overtime to meet seasonal demands).
Monday to Thursday: 8.00am – 16.30pm
Fridays: 8.00am – 15.30pm
30 minutes for lunch and two 15-minute breaks.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Company mobile phone
- Workplace pension (5% employer contribution)
- Life Insurance (3 x Basic Salary)
- Staff discount
On Site Parking
Please apply by sending your full CV to: Amy Holmes e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or post to G & J Peck Ltd, 90 Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, Cambs, CB6 3NX