The successful applicant would assist in the efficient running of the service department Ely, reporting to the Service Manager.
The Role: As Assistant Service Manager you will be responsible for the organising the daily activities of a team of technicians on a range of Agriculture machinery such as Telehandlers, Tractors, Harvesters and other agricultural machinery, working with other internal departments in order to ensure that high levels of customer satisfaction are upheld. You will be responsible for managing and organising out of hours callout when required.
As well as leading the team of Engineers, you will liaise between customers and technicians to ensure jobs are completed to time frames. A large part of this role will be understanding and managing customer’s expectations whilst delivering excellent customer service. You will work closely with the Service Manager.
The Candidate: The successful candidate for the Assistant Service Manager role will ideally come from a Technician/Engineering/Warranty background, but more importantly it is essential you have a good knowledge and understanding of the agriculture industry and equipment. You must have excellent organisational and time management skills, have great written and spoken communication skills and also the ability to lead a team of Engineers. Candidates must live within commutable distance to Ely.
Key Experience / Characteristics preferred for the role:
- Have knowledge and understanding of agriculture, construction or plant hire industry and associated equipment.
- Ability to understand needs and pressures of farmers and agricultural industry essential.
- Ideally have a background as Technician or Engineer on agriculture, construction or plant machinery.
- Must be great communicator who can lead a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure essential.
- Hours: 8:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday (with additional hours to suit the running of the department including Saturdays and seasonal demands) Salary based with addition hours required to meet seasonal demands
- Competitive salary to be discussed at interview
- 20 days pro-rata annual leave
- Workplace pension
- Staff discount