Based from our busy Spalding depot covering South Lincolnshire and Norfolk, the successful candidate will have knowledge of modern agricultural machinery, technologies and farming practices as this is an essential requirement for the role.
The ideal candidate will be able to work using their own initiative and as part of a successful team, have an enthusiastic attitude, excellent organisational and negotiating skills. They must be confident and be able to communicate at all levels.
On-going product training will be provided to keep skills and knowledge up to date on all franchises under the dealership.
- Represent the dealership in the sale of machinery to new and existing customers in a defined area for the New Holland brand.
- Manage the profitably of the sales in the area ensuring an adequate return is made on sales and annual targets are met.
- Maintain product knowledge on features and benefits of all products potentially saleable by the dealership.
- Organise promotional events for the dealership.
- Conduct demonstrations.
- Execute good after sales support.
- Build strong relationships within the dealership area.
- Excellent general agricultural and farming knowledge of operational practices and equipment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible and proactive attitude
- Driven and positive
- Able to manage multiple task
- A good understanding of the area / territory would help to build on relationships with new and existing customers but not essential
- Full driving license essential (B+E License preferable)
- Proven experience as a salesperson, representative or relevant role
- Knowledge of agricultural machinery
Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding of sales, costings, and margins etc.
- Competent in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Training on computer systems and products will be provided
- Experience of selling and negotiating prices with customers in the farming and contracting industry
- Full-time, Commission, Permanent
- 40-hour week,
Monday – Friday, 8.00 am – 5.00 pm, plus additional hours and weekend work as required during seasonal demands
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Employee discounts
- Company vehicle and mobile phone
- Competitive rates of pay depending on experience